If this is not a miscarriage then WTH is going on!?!?!? Dr. said it's not but?

I am so totally confused and worried sick! My husband and I had sex Sunday afternoon then we proceeded to my in laws to eat supper... Well I stood up because I felt like I had to pee so I was going to go to the bathroom and when I stood up it felt as if my water had broke but clearly it couldn't have been because I am 7 weeks pregnant. So I thought that it may have been sperm. Well when I got to the bathroom I clearly saw that it wasn't it was BLOOD and A LOT of it!!!! Well I told my MIL that I was going home to change that I was bleeding a little ( I didn't want to scare her, I have had a miscarriage before ) so I went home and immediately called my husband who was at his brothers house and he came home and I had started passing MASSIVE amounts of tissue... I broke down when I seen that so we went to the ER and she told me that the baby was still ok that she still had a heartbeat. She said that I could still miscarry... cont.

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 11:51 AM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• So expect for the worst but hope for the best. She told me to follow up with my OB in the morning, first thing, so I did and he seen me, done an ultrasound and again, said that the baby was ok, I seen the heartbeat, So if it wasn't a miscarriage, then what could it have been? Now I am worried that I lost something that I need?!? Please help. I am relieved that the baby is ok but I am still confused. Please help!!!
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 11:53 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Are they going to moniter your HCG levels?
    They should
    You should call them and tellthem you want that done. I hope everything goes ok, Ill be praying for you
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:54 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• so sorry hon, perhaps a vanishing twin ? maybe a twin was developing but stopped days ago and now you are passing that ? i really don't know much about it but i hope everything turns out ok
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Maybe you were pregnant with twins and lost one of them... this CAN happen and you can continue the pregnancy and carry the surviving twin full term:)
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:55 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• i am going thru the exact same thing....i was told i had a hemmorage in pregnancy then told i was miscarrying...then told a week later i had not miscarried but my hcg level wee in fact doubling like they should be....it is soo scary...i am on bed rest now...and since my insurance was thru my job and have not been working for almost a month i have not met my premiums...so i cant find a doctor to take me since my last visit to the er....i have since stopped bleeding but now when i am on my feet for more than an hour i start spotting again...so i go lay back down...i have called all over town begging doctors to take me...i am scared and frustrated and i know how you feel first hand...hang in there mommy...and stay off you feet...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• It is possible to be pregnant with twins and just lose one. I hope that was not the case but it would explain the tissue, blood clots and the amount of blood. This happened to my aunt very early on. The other twin was perfectly fine and healthy. Try to relax and just keep a close eye on yourself and call your Dr with questions and concerns.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:58 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Twins? No my OB said that because twins don't run in my family it wasn't and plus I have already had one ultrasound done before Sunday and there was just one baby. *Sigh* I am so scared! I don't want to lose another baby! If I do then I am not having anymore kids. :( I want two but my body just isn't designed to have kids I guess. I had problems with my son too. I just don't know. He put me on vaginal progesterone suppositories that are supposed to help carry babies. I hope like hell they help!!!!!!!!!!!
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 11:59 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• pp anon 56 here...the twin theory is one were are thinking that happened...because of the bleeding for a week heavier than a period and the severe pains (as bad as labor pains) it is very possible to miss one twin and still carry the other....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I had unexplained bleeding with my second child. I had placenta previa(complete) and it was a real issue. I had to go for weekly ultrasounds. They checked everything they could think of and never knew the cause. I had a lot of difficulties during the pregnancy, but I did carry to term.

I don't know if you are religious or not, if you are pray and put it in the hands of God. If not, try and stay calm and wish for the very very best, think positive thoughts. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I remember my own difficulties and can sympathize, I was scared to death!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:00 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• (just because twins don't run in your family doesn't mean that you can't have twins but) if your OB already discussed that and said it's not twins then that probably isn't it. good luck :)
    Anonymous