Enfamil vs Similac

Ok, mommies, since I quit producing, I've been feeding my son Enfamil Premium. I have however, noticed that my friends and family suggest feeding the Similac Advance.

What's the difference? Why should I switch for my next baby?

matobe

Asked by matobe at 11:58 AM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You shouldn't. If you like what you're using, stick with it. For the most part, formula is all about the same, with the exception of specialty formulas like predigested or hypoallergenic, etc.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:05 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• If it works, keep using it. I think the only time you should actually switch is if your baby needs a special formula like Nutramigen or Alimentum due to an allery.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:22 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• *allergy
    wildflowers25

• Are you pregnant, or why did you stop producing?

This site has info on the differences between the formulas... the different protein contents and kinds of fats and sugars used, etc... There certainly are differences between them, but all babies are different and will tolerate formulas differently.

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/0/T000100.asp
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:44 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• If it's not broken, don't go fixing it. **smile** Nutritionally, formulas are basically the same. There is some difference in the ingredients and a change CAN cause issues for some babies.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:00 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• It is pretty much the same as the difference between Pepsi and Coke. Just two different brands. Both have to meet the same nutritional standards. If baby is happy on one there is no reason to switch to the other.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 5:17 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• personally I think the Enfamil power mixes better then the similac. . . andI do get more coupons and free samples from similac. . .but I don't think there is much differences.
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 11:00 PM on Dec. 8, 2009