is anyone else terrified of having a newborn?

*sigh* this is my 2nd child and i guess it's all the hormones but i only think about the bad things about having a baby and not the good right now, so i've been so terrified to have a newborn in the house. i'm only 11-12 weeks pregnant right now so i have a long time to change my attitude :)

i'm terrified of being up all night every night for months. i'm scared we'll have a baby who cries for hours a day. my son didn't do this fortunately, but he did wake frequently for months and months.

i'm just so nervous about having a newborn because i know how difficult it can be i guess. also newborns just make me so nervous, i worry about everything! i generally don't like holding very young babies (other than my own i did get used to it) because they make me nervous.

and having a newborn and a 3 year old is pretty scary to me too... i can't imagine having 2 children...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, newborns suck. Just had my first who is 9 mos. old. She cried non-stop for the first 3 mos. It was miserable, the most miserable time of my life . SHe didn't sleep for longer than 3 hrs at a time until she was 5.5 mos.
    Anonymous

• We adjust :) We're adaptable and it will be hard at first, but soon you will wonder what you did before you had two, just like you wondered what you did with all your time before you had one :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:20 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• LOL. my husband especially does that where he thinks "what on earth did i do with my time/life before i had my son?" haha. i was pretty busy myself, so i just remember sleeping more. teehee. thanks ladies, glad i'm not the only one.

-OP
    Anonymous

• I love newborns I could hold them and stare at them all day long. Sleepless nights are hard and I don't like breastfeeding, I'm not looking forward to that, but it's all so worth it. It's having another toddler that I'm scared of!!!
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 12:33 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• haha mbella it's so funny how every woman is different! i loooooooooooooooooove the toddler stage! i wish my son would stay in his 18 month- 3 year old phase for a bit longer. teehee.

i also hated breastfeeding a newborn but bfing and older baby is so much easier. so yeah add bf to my list of things i'm worrying about. :)

-OP
    Anonymous

• you'll make the necessary adjustments! don't worry too much! we all do what we have to do.

and once that new baby is here, you won't be able to picture your life without them!!
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 1:29 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I have the exact same situation, my daughter will turn 3 just as I get ready to have my second girl. for me I never got out of waking at night (its only 2 or 3 times now) as my daughter is a terrible sleeper.
    I guess what helps is for you to see home videos of your first one as a baby if you have them. It will defenitely remind you of the good things of having a new born.
    I admit having a newborn is just a lot of work without much reward until they are atleast 6 months old so you pretty much have to suck it up till then and then start enjoying the fruits of your hard work
    Anonymous

• anon, my son woke frequently until 17 months old. usually about 5 times per night, sometimes more, sometimes less. now he still wakes once most nights. dang it's hard! hopefully we will both have good sleepers this time!!!!!!!! :)

-OP
    Anonymous