Isn't this child endangerment?

when a mother doesn't take her baby to the doctor whose had a cough for a few days. Its endangering the child might develope pneumonia.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• Tough one. You are the one that is with her, though, so if you think something is amiss, just ask the mom. Follow YOUR mom instincts.
    Anonymous

• no its not, it means she isn't paranoid about a cough!
    Anonymous

• No. Being poor isn't child endangerment. If the child is having trouble breathing then yeah... but not taking them in for a cough? Coughs are really common and almost never something to freak out about.

We don't need to see a doc for every little thing!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:14 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I dont think so heck if I called my pediatrician right now ( the only one in town) it would take atleast a week or two to get in and see her. Now if it wasnt just a few days but a week or two and she hadnt even tried anything like running the humidifier. or home remedies and it was gettin worse than it would be nelgectful.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:14 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• if its only been a few days i would say noif its been going on more then a week yes.if she takes the baby now most likely they will send her home and tell her to moniter the baby,most likely she will be bringing him back but not sure if they would hear anything in his chest this soon.
    Anonymous

• I wouldnt think so. I often let my kids crud run its course. I dont take in unless there are multiple issues that make me think that they need meds. But I have older kids and have seen alot of crud.... I know when it just needs to run its course and when it is more than the crud and actually needs meds.

Anonymous

• Well, I've taken my baby into the doctor for a cold/cough several times now and we're always told 'it's a cold, she'll get over it.'
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 12:15 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• the baby wheezes i've heard her i babysit her
    Anonymous

• No its not!!! She's done the song and dance before and doesn't want to spend money on something she can look up on Web MD. A chest gurgle I would take to the doc but just a cough no. You need to have a cold/flu for a while before it turns into pneumonia.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 12:17 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• To me, no it is not child endangerment. Like you said MIGHT. The baby MIGHT break an arm too.

Answer by louise2 at 12:18 PM on Dec. 8, 2009