$200 Billion dollars to be repaid to TARP soon. Obama is finding new ways to spend it. Surprised?

I believe all parties would agree this money should just be returned and not used at all.
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-jobs-tarp8-2009dec08,0,799041.story

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Hed just stated today that we must spend more to get out of the recession. Getting out is NOT their agenda, Total economic collapse is,
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Not a bit suprised. The agenda is to collapse the economy.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:05 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• not surprised in the least.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:05 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Why? I would like it used if it can help
    Anonymous

• It's better than Geithner's original plan to put it all in some sort of pool so if the banks run into trouble again, they would be able to use that to bail them out as a safety net. If the money was being put to good use, then great. As far as jobs go, most of the people who lost their jobs in the past few years are NOT construction workers. A lot of construction companies require certification of some sort before hire. They don't offer OJT because that would slow productivity. I think the whole TARP was a bunch of shit from the beginning. I still do. But yes, I do feel it should all just be returned. Or returned to the taxpayers who bailed them out. That would be nice. Instead we used our tax dollars to bail them out and they turn raised APRs and lowered credit limits.
    Anonymous

• no surprise he should have never been made president
    kat324

Answer by kat324 at 4:01 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• It should be used to pay down what we have been borrowing.

Anonymous

• And no one here believes that John McCain wouldn't have found a use for the funds?

Be real, ladies.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:49 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• It's not repaid. It was never used. I thought the story was he had only spent $200 billion of the TARP and there was money to go elsewhere. So many companies turned down the money or returned it when they found out the strings that were attatched. The money doesn't exist anyway. It is just a keystroke at the Federal Reserve. You have $2,000,000,000 in your bank account and need more "swish" $200,000,000,000 - there you go. See how easy that was!!!!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:21 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• It should immediately be applied to our debt. It isn't a windfall!

Of course our greedy administration and congress want to spend it though. I don't suppose any of you remember how they talked about how the money would be paid back so it would basically be a wash? Hhmphh! They can't help themselves. If there is a cookie jar they will raid it and that is why they don't need their hammy paws on my healthcare.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:32 PM on Dec. 8, 2009