Do any of your husbands work out of town?

We moved to the Phoenix area in February and my husband returned to No. Nevada in June because he had someone that wanted him to do some work for them. He has only been home for about a week each month since. I am a SAHM so I take care of our 3 kids everyday. I just want to know if your husband works out of town how do you deal with it? How do you feel about him being gone? I guess I just want to know that I am not alone. I feel sad and lonely. I love my kids and completely enjoy the time I have with them and my husband makes more than a decent wage so we can do lots of stuff and don't really have to worry but sometimes I just want him to be here.

psanders

Asked by psanders at 1:01 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes he does and I get lonely a lot but he's able to come home every weekend. i hate that he can't find work here. sucks...
    Anonymous

• oh yeah I deal w/ it by staying busy. I actually have taken up a few hobbies and I am going back to school. I will have my Bachelor's by next august!
    Anonymous

• Yes he does and has for all of our 23 years of marriage. He would leave sunday evening or late afternoon and return friday night or late saturday afternoon depending on work schedule. It was tough when kids were little but I learned to adjust since he had done this since before we were married. I had no close friends and family didn't understand our lifestyle.

Now DH works states away (currently 1200 miles) and I am fortunate to be with him and living in our 5th wheel RV. Our kids are in college so we will be heading home for the holidays and I will stay through the kids vacation break. He will have to be back at work Monday after labor day.

It is hard to raise LO's when you are alone are the time, you are not a single parent but feel like it at times and no one understands that you can't be everywhere all the time. It gets lonely but I learned to appreciate the quiet time and picked up a few hobbies.
    Anonymous