IF your kids did get the H1N1 vaccine, what made you do it?

This is a question for mothers who chose to get it for their kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• What made me do it? My 28 year old cousin being in ICU with H1N1 and pnuemonia....on a ventilator and coma!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:12 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Me and my kids got it because I was more terrified of what would happen if they got the virus. With the rates rising in childrens deaths, I was so scared.
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 1:17 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I had a hard time deciding and of course looked to my mother for advice. She said honey I'll tell you this..I haven't heard of any children dying from the vaccine but I have heard of children dying from H1N1. Pretty much saying the risks of H1N1 outweight the risks of the vaccine. I know it's a sticky subject but eventually I went ahead and got the vaccinated and I feel good for doing so.
    Anonymous

• My mom works for the state immunization dept. She's the leading RN in charge of giving the vaccines. We got it because I trust my mom to do whats best for her daughter and grandson.
    Anonymous

• Nothing made me do it. I'm an adult, I can make decisions for my kids. THat said, I was raised by an infection control nurse manager. It wasn't even a decision for me. She was able to order their doses personally and even had a coworker friend administer them to the babies and DH and myself. The twins will get their next dose next week.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 1:33 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Anon 12:32, I'm the same way. My mom's in charge of the same thing at her hospital. And she wouldn't give anything to her grandbabies that would hurt them, so it really wasn't even an issue LOL.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 1:34 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• My son is considered very high risk of complications up to and including death due to his various medical issues. I discussed it at length with his immunologist and we agreed that his risk from contracting H1N1 was far higher than a risk of a vaccine reaction.
    Anonymous