How did you get your child to blow their nose?

My 2 year old will only put the tissue to her face and make a nose blowing sound with her mouth -.-'

SandraB383

Asked by SandraB383 at 1:21 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• monkey see monkey do! My hubby carries a hankie with him all the time. Out of nowhere our son picks up a shirt and blows his nose in it. lol it was so cute and totally unexpected. He is 17 months old. So with that said let her observe you doing it the right way and hopefully she will pick it up :) good luck with that. Hope you and your family have a warm and loving Merry Christmas :)
    31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 1:25 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• My son loves blowing his nose, but we make it into a game. As he blows I act like I'm falling backwards.... He thinks he's blowing mommy across the room. Might not be the best way, but it was the easiest for me, and he laughs every time. Plus he's always ready to blow his nose. And as 31angel said, let her see you blowing your nose.
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 1:31 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• lol we make a game of it too and its always fun seeing him get a giggle outta it
    31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 1:35 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Well, she does see me, that why she will get a tissue and make the noise into it, I guess she doesn't understand what I am actually doing :(
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 2:14 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Good question. My oldest could blow her nose by the time she was 2. My current 2 yr old can blow his now. My five yr old? Still can't figure out how to do it!!! I'm at a loss. I mean seriously, expelling bodily fluids usually comes naturally.....
    rosesNclovers

Answer by rosesNclovers at 2:59 PM on Dec. 8, 2009