I'm doing a crappy job being a sahm

how do you moms do it? I have a 6 month old and I can't seem to get any cleaning done around this house. When he's awake he'll play by himself SAFELY for about 10 mins then I have to watch him (play pens don't work he wants to crawl around) but then when he's down for a nap i try to sleep since he wakes up A LOT at night..did your kids eventually even out or is the house a lost cause? lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• www.flylady.com
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 1:25 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Get a baby wrap and 'wear' him. This saved me.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:26 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• i suck at cleaning and i can't cook. you're doing fine.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:26 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• It gets easier
    Anonymous

• It does get easier. I have been having a rough time, My daughters sleep got messed up because of family that wouldnt leave her alone over thanksgiving so I have struggling with that as well. Just try to keep your sanity LOL.
    If you can when he goes to sleep try doing something small and quick cleaningwise it will make you feel better LOL works for me.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:32 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I hope it gets easier! my son is 8mos and he's into EVERYTHING, and i'm in the same boat!!! When you find the answer to all, do let me know! ; )

peeking

matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:32 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• i had 3 kids under 4 at one times .. twins came in 05 and had a 3 y old. i know whow u feal .. just do what u can..it doe get better.
    KRIZZ25

Answer by KRIZZ25 at 1:32 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Get a sling or other carrier. Talk to your baby about what you are doing, and why.

Do you have a friend, relative or neighbor you can trade child care / meal prep with?

Answer by rkoloms at 1:41 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• it gets easier, I have 3 at home, 5,3 and 6mo. I cleaned the living room, dining room and kitchen the other day while the baby slept and the two older ones danced to music and played in their room. My house doesn't stay "clean" it stays neat. I try to deep clean every so often when I get a small break, say when I ask the grandparents to watch them for a day. I keep things the best I can, I say as long as the house is safe for them then it doesn't have to be spotless and I would be crazy if I tried to keep it spotless. I have a friend that is obsessed with a clean house and her 2 year old spends most of her day in a playpen watching tv instead of interacting with mommy, I play with my kids, soon enough they will be in school and the house will be clean again. So don't worry about it and enjoy that baby!
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 1:46 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• You will figure out something. While he is playing wash the dishes really quick, those 10 minutes you said he uses to play. And if you need to do laundry, take him with you. Put him in the stoller or carseat with some toys and bring him right along. Grab his attention with some 3D cartoons like the backyardigans or even barney. Try out everything from toys to tv shows. You will eventually find something.

Good Luck,
    Vanessa
    vdr1983

Answer by vdr1983 at 2:23 PM on Dec. 8, 2009