What to do??

We moved to the Milwaukee area 2 months ago and I have no idea what to do with the girls when it is snowing and we are shut in. We are supposed to get something like 8-12 in of snow over the next day. We have played with playdough, colored and watched Nemo. What else can I/we/they do?

sararsara

Asked by sararsara at 1:31 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• *play a Rhymeing game... you say a word and they come up with words that rhyme

*make a fort with your pillows and blankets

*bake yummy cinnomon burns or cookies

*make Christmas decorations to hang around the house

*BUBBLE BATHS :)

*Make Christmas cards for the family

Hope some of the ideas help. Have fun with it :)

31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 1:41 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Make an indoor tent, if you have a video camera have them make a video of an activity, If you have any easter eggs put stickers in them and hide them in the house for them to find, make pudding/muffins/cookies and decorate, bring snow in and let them play in the tub with it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I hear ya, same weather here, it gets hard! i end up giving kelsey kitchen things to play with. clothes to dress up in. christmas cards to write on, wrapping paper and ribbon to play with. Anything new I can show her really.
    rjacob2008

Answer by rjacob2008 at 1:39 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Why don't you go out and play in the snow? Milwaukee has a fantastic art musuem - definitely good for a day trip. You can take Amtrack into Chicago for a day and go to the Children's Museum. If you google milwaukee kids you will find tons of great activities.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:39 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Pretend the floor is a lake. put out things you can step on to get to certain places around the house. Use paperplates, etc. as "stepping stones" This is something I did when I was a kid and bored, along with making a fort out of sofa cushions & blankets.
    mygirlscome1st

Answer by mygirlscome1st at 2:15 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• How old are your kids? Mine love to go sledding.
    GoodMomma24-7

Answer by GoodMomma24-7 at 2:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Get online and get the 411 on all of the free kids days at local events. You will be amazed at the offerings. : )
    Anonymous

• I'm sure you don't want to be out driving with little ones in the snow, so I suggest going online to sites like www.familyfun.com and finding crafts, games, etc that little ones will enjoy. my family and I receive that magazine, and they have some AWESOME ideas!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:54 PM on Dec. 8, 2009