credit card????

hi,i came to the u.s few years ago and applied for a credit card,and they always refused me saying i didnt have enough credit...now capital one just sent me a letter saying that i can be eligible for a credit card,....i dont understand what it is really
please dont make fun of me,and explain to me how does it work and wich credit card is the best,is there any fee?how do you do it so you have good credit?wich credit card is teh best?when do you paye it
thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• They are approving you but the catch is that you will have a very very HIGH interest rate. You pay your credit card bill at the end of every month, you can pay all of it or some of it. IF you don't pay all of it off than thats when they start charging you interest. Credit is important so I would get the credit card but I would only use it once or twice a month on something small like dinner. Credit cards are great but if you cant money manage it will ruin you. The best way to get good credit is to pay your bills on time never skip a month if you cant afford it all than pay the minum amount due.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:40 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Apply and use it for emergencies.You need a credit card always available and opened for an account. That is how you build credit. But the trick is to lower the interest rate. Ask. DOn't be afraid to make that call.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 2:38 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Tear that letter up, go to your bank, and tell them you're interested in a credit card, and if you have a good bank, they'll go head over heels out of their way to help you the right way. Tear up or shred any and all cc letters that come in the mail. And if you do get one, be very careful with it in all ways!
    Anonymous

• i WOULD NOT EXCEPT If for any reason something goes wrong the fees will pile up. You can go from a balance of 250 to 3000 just on late fees over limit fees, and so on. The same with premier . The credit card people are desperate now that people are on to the dirty tricks, and the new laws. Wells Fargo has been hounding me to sign up for new credit, But after seeing what they do to people that had issues I want nothing to do with them. I just paid off a car loan and now they want more. I told them flat out I will NOT do business with them. My policy if they took tarp funds I will NOT do business with them. Credit Unions and small banks for me , I flat out ask them did you take government funds.
    Anonymous

• Avoid CC's if you can... If you do choose to get one, avoid ones with fee's and make sure the interest rate is low. Also, make sure that you pay if off every month or you end up in debit and it adds up fast!

Anonymous