Do u think a 16yr old mom can be as good a mother as someone who's older?

i'm 16 my Bf is 17 we have a baby and i want to know why is it that pple think us being younger means we can't care for her on our own?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• DEFINITELY! Just because you're young doesn't mean you'll be a "bad" mom, or not as good as a mom as someone else. Just make sure your priorities are in order and that you love and care for you child and you'll be fine. Financially it might be harder but really... my bil is 35 and just had his first child and just graduated from law school and can't find a job so he's working at Walmart... where a lot of 16 year olds could easily get a job.
    Anonymous

• Depends on the people. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:41 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Emotionally Im sure there are some 16 yr olds who can be just as good as an older mom.... but in general - no. A 16 yr old is still a child. A 16 yr old is not financially set to be a parent (though Im finding there are many older who didnt think it through either). A 16 yr old still has a lot of growing to do.

So yes, there are some aceptional 16 yr olds who can be good mothers, in general a 16 yr old should focus on growing up and maturing and THEN choose to become a mom.

That is my honest oppinion, and to let you know I am a mother of a 15 yr old..... so I am very close to this subject.... I know teenage girls from a parents view (and I remember being one).
    Anonymous

• Im sure they do. I was 17 when I got pregnant and my now husband was 16. My son is fine, my husband is in the army and loves it (most days), we are doing great. I am a better mother than my mom was to me and my sister. But because we are young people use to stare at me and my kid, it pisses me off but its best to ignore it. Just dont let people get you down.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:43 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I personally dont think age makes you a bad mom. When you are that young though you more than likley dont have the financial resources that an older mom may have but thats why they have social service programs I guess,
    Anonymous

• Reguardless of your age when something important happens like having a baby, you do grow up. There are very young 16 year olds and then there are those who handle there responsibilities. Just keep your head up. Dont let anyone get you down. As long as you are doing right by yourself and your baby then life is good! Good luck and im here if you ever wanna connect and share mommy stories
    31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 1:45 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I was barely 17 when I got pregnant with my son... But I've always been mature for my age, was living on my own, and paid my bills... Some teens just aren't ready. They are still more worried about what this boy thinks, or wanting to party then worrying about a baby.... So yes, a 16 year old CAN be just as good as a 35 year old mother... Age doesn't determine the kind of mother you are.
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 1:50 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I think most of us do the best we can regardless of age
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 1:56 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• i became a mom at 16 and iv been told that im doing better than some older moms. i will be 19 when this baby is born, im happly married to my kids father, we have our own house and pay our own bills.
    Anonymous

• I think most of the problems of teen parents are financial in nature. Then there are the emotionally immature who leave baby with grandma and go party. You can chose to be a good mother at any age. All you have to do is dedicate yourself to your child.

Anonymous