my son please help

my son is going to be turning 4 dec15 i have no cluse how to handle this we all took naps and he must of got up to pee and he got into my tampons he woke me up saing look mom i have guns, he took them and was shooting them saying he is going to portct me and my daughter so if some on e help me he has never done that so i have no clue what to do

mom_of_2_2009

Asked by mom_of_2_2009 at 1:55 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Your kidding, right? This actually worries you? Come on mom, laugh it off and then do what BrandIsMySon said to do.
    mygirlscome1st

Answer by mygirlscome1st at 2:22 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Tell him that he has no need for a gun and reassure him that you are safe. I dont think its anything to be worried about.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:57 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Just say: No, we don't play with these, these are mommies. They are not for little boys to play with.
    Then you put them out of his reach. Simple.
    If you have a problem with the shooting part, then, say also : we don't shoot either..that is dangerous.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:57 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• All boys love guns. It's totally normal. We never bought them, but my son would make guns out of legos and find sticks that looked like guns to shoot with. It's what boys do!! Now my 4 year old does the same thing. He comes in and pretends to shoot me and tell me "mommy put your hands up!" I've been shot at with toilet paper rolls, you name it. I've never been shot at with a tampon though - YET!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:00 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• 2:00 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 by: * mompam
    All boys love guns. It's totally normal.

I have to disagree with you. My son, 8, has no interest in guns. It probably stems from the fact that he's little exposure to them. He doesn't watch television shows or movies that have guns in them. Now swords and bows are another story.
    Anonymous

• When my oldest was little I had a no gun rule. But then they kept trickling into the house. They come with all the batman toys. Then he started with the swords, he LOVED them! He was a huge Peter Pan fan and he always wanted to sword fight, so I had a no guns, but swords are OK rule. I would never buy a toy gun, but my son has a rubberband gun and a nerf gun, so there goes that rule!!.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:26 PM on Dec. 8, 2009