Switching care giver mid pregnancy?

I thought I liked my home-birth midwife, but I have grown uncomfortable with her. I am seeing a different midwife this week who doesn't do home births because she has a better facility and can do more diagnostics for me.

However, I DO NOT want to be seen by the only doctor in that practice. The doc is fresh out of a low performing medical college without a teaching hospital. No experience.

How do I figure out which care giver to use? Should I go unassisted home-birth if I can't find a decent birth attendant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• hmmm. i would definitely want to feel comfortable with my midwife but if you are already wanting to a do a homebirth, i also wouldn't want to switch to a hospital. is it a hospital or a birthing center? personally, unassisted is not for me but you might find some good advice on that in the natural pregnancy group. i guess it really depends on what it is that is bothering you about your current midwife and how big of a deal it is to you. good luck =)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 3:00 PM on Dec. 8, 2009