PLEASE ANY SUGGESTIONS

I called the pediatrician but it always taked forever for he rto get back!
My daughter has been pushing all day, hard, grunting, her face turns red, and she is trying so hard to go potty but only one tiny pellat came out...she is 7 months, and im so sad for her!!! I have tried the karo syrup but nothing is happening....
Thanks

dorie84

Asked by dorie84 at 2:55 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try a warm bath it helps my dd she is 9 months
    keithamy06

Answer by keithamy06 at 2:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• No karo...it's a botulism risk. Give her LOTS of fluids and cut the solids for the rest of the day at least.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:59 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• 1)Try a rectal thermometer to see if that can get things going.
    2) a little bit of diluted apple or prune juice. Like 1-2 oz
    3)a gentle belly massage or bicycling the legs and warm bath may help alone or even along with one of the above

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:01 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• prune juice diluted with water worked really well for my dh
    boogernoodle

Answer by boogernoodle at 3:01 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Probiotic. Not the crappy yogurt or cheese that supposedly contain it, but the real stuff, gelcaps filled with powder that need to be kept refrigerated. Mix the powder into something she drinks or eats. I did it, with doctors blessings (and kudos for not doing anything dumb like juice, etc at 1-2 months old) every day for pretty much my son's first year of life - had to or he wouldn't poop. It helps keep the intestines healthy and working properly. Helps unstop anyone who's stopped up, helps stop up anyone with diarrhea.
    Anonymous

• ok thank you...I hope this works I feel really bad!
    dorie84

Answer by dorie84 at 3:10 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• You can always try a suppository, I think they have small ones, or you can cut it in half. I had to give it to my son. Just be ready for poop!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:15 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I'd probably use a suppository on her. Poor baby. :(
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 3:35 PM on Dec. 8, 2009