No secret interpretation

Isn't there a verse in the bible that says that the bible is of no secret interpretation?

I am asking this cause Lexy has got me thinking. She is taught that unclean meats are still valid even though Jesus says its not what enters us but how we act. She thinks that 99%of the christian community is wrong. So if this verse is in there how come so many are wrong? Unless I am wrong in how I understood what she said.

I'm no Angel

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• If Jesus meant that everything is good to put into our bodies, is it now okay to eat cocaine or pop pills for kicks? Or to eat junk food daily? Or to drink Drain-O? After all, it's not what goes into the mouth that defiles...
    ********************************************************************************************************************************************
    Wow I have to butt on here sorry Lexy, I respect your right to say stuff, but wow. All those things you stated *eating cocaine/popping pills for fun, eating junk food everyday and drinking drain-o, these are acts of stupidity. God gave us something called common sense. So three out of four are just acts of stupidity. Junk food isn't the best route but most fast food places offer healthy replacements, if we choose to eat junk food everyday then that is an act of stupidity as well. So it comes back to the action.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 8:25 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• jesus didn't say it. Paul did!
    Anonymous

• Yes. Jesus said that when the were talking about ritual washings not meat and other food restrictions. Paul was the one who said that Christians didn't need to follow the food laws. And Jesus didn't take away the other laws either (Matthew 5:17-19(has earth disappeared? I don't think it has, lol), and Jesus even said following the law brought eternal life, check Matthew 19:17) Paul said that Christians didn't need to follow the laws any more. Christians are more like Paulinians

Anonymous

• Jesus says its not what enters us but how we act. She thinks that 99%of the christian community is wrong
    ------
    . Jesus DID say that only a few will enter the Kingdom (Matthew 7:14). I don't care to argue over what is I feel is doctrinally important, I'm too busy working out my own salvation.

Read in context, Jesus did not say that the things God called abominations were good eats. He was responding to the Pharisee's man-made commandment of hand-washing. If those nasty meats were now allowed on the buffet table why would Peter make the comment in Acts 10--

"Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean."

cont.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:40 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Evidently Peter wasn't used to eating pork chops, bacon, or shrimp (even after Jesus made that statement in Matthew 15:11) . He wasn't eating strangle animals or blood either, but 99% of Christian believers miss the verse that speaks against these practices ( Acts 15:20). Most still eat meat that's full of blood and chicken that's been strangled. Nothing like food to get people who claim to be "Bible believers" balking. We believe until a new truth challenges our desires, wants, or appetites.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:44 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Peter also thought that circumcision was necessary...should we all do that too? Also you said working on your own salvation ummmm that's not possable. Jesus paid for your salvation all you have to do is tell Jesus thank you.
    Anonymous

• I believe that God will not send me to hell for what I eat. Because Jesus made it clear, what we put into our bodies just turns into waste. Do the unclean animals g into our hearts? Do they make us act in a way not pleasing to God? If I eat shrimp/pork/dog am I going to go out and steal and kill and sleep around? No I would do all of those things no matter what I ate. It's just food in my opinion. Also what about those people who live in an area where kosher foods are not available. Are they hell bound. Well I guess so cause they have never heard of Jesus.
    Anonymous

• So what you're saying anon is that Paul did not preach according to God's word?

I'm no Angel
    Anonymous

• Lexy I am not trying to start anything but I am confused on how so many can get it wrong when the word of God is up to no secret interpretation. Just honestly wondering and your words confuse me. Also another thing, why are you stuck on the Matthew 7:14. You seem to use that almost everytime you have posted to my questions. Is that a big part of what you are taught in your doctrine?

I'm no Angel
    Anonymous

• Yep. Paul taught according to who he wanted to influence. In His letters to gentiles he is down right nasty about Jews, and in his letters to the Jews, he talks bad about the gentiles...he even said that it is ok to use deception in your teaching, as long as it get converts(philippians 1:18)....I like Jesus, but Paul, not so much.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:44 AM on Dec. 9, 2009