Is the world really so wicked?

Are you so blinded by the wrong doings in this world that you cannot see the beauty?
I asked the question about what the purpose of heaven was, i did not get any satisfactory answers. Most of the answers where telling me what heaven is or is supposed to be. But one answer said that the purpose is to leave this wicked world (paraphrase).
But what is beauty, what is good, what is comfort and joy and love without the opposite? Is it really possible to continue to live in love forever (such as heaven) if you no longer ever feel any hate or sadness?

Is sadness, or any of our other human feelings, not beautiful in and of itself? (it the sense that it is better to feel something versus nothing).

-Faithful4ver

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• One of the things that always troubled me about Christianity in general when I was trying to fit myself into that path was the fact that I do think it is skewed towards the negative when it comes to the world. I think if we expect to see a wicked, debased world, we will see one- it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. I would never deny that terrible things happen- I practice Buddhism, whose first tenet is that we all suffer in this world. However, I don't think that this negates the beauty that also exists in the world. One of my all time favourite quotes, from the poem Desiderada: "With all it's sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world." I believe that with all my heart.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 7:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• So when you are happy you get to a point where you say with a yawn, "Oh I'm fed up with this. Why can't one of my loved ones get sick or die."? Give us a break!
    Anonymous

• Once you are born again you will understand the depth of wickedness this world is in. A carnal minded person(unregenerated) only understand carnal things. Spiritual things will only seem foolish to you.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 3:41 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• anon 33
    did i say that people LIKE to feel pain? no. but how do you know what happiness is if you are never sad?

ptomom678
    i am a very spiritual person. I'm just not Christian. there are many ways to be spiritual in this world without Christianity.

-Faithful4ever
    Anonymous

• But what is beauty, what is good, what is comfort and joy and love without the opposite? Is it really possible to continue to live in love forever (such as heaven) if you no longer ever feel any hate or sadness?
    *****************
    reminds me of a song I LOVE:
    ...
    There is no love untouched by hate
    No unity without discord
    There is no courage without fear
    There is no peace without a war
    There is no wisdom without regret
    No admiration without scorn
    There is strife within the tempest
    But there is calm in the eye of the storm ...
    *Eye of the Storm by the Cruxshadows*

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:56 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• There is no light without the dark.
    Anonymous

• The world I see around me is full of beauty. Sure there is sadness and heartache but we kinda bring that on ourselves. Im not saying we always deserve what comes our way but it happens.

I think you can take any emotion and make it beautiful, find the good in it. I dont think people always do that but I think its possible.

Heaven is within us all as far as Im concerned. You either look for it despite the dark or you get lost and forget to see the beauty all around.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:07 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• In matter of fact yes.. the world is wicked..... as long as sin reigns and Satan right along with it , wickedness will remain. It will not be until after he is put away that we will ever see the world the way it was intended in the first place.
    Yes there is beauty in the world as seen through the eyes of God. I didnt get around to answering the reason for Heaven.
    First you have to have an understanding of what Heaven is before you can understand the purpose.
    I will get back to you on this. Firefox is flipping out on me.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:27 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• No, the world is far from wicked. There are always going to be wicked people, but that is (as it has always been) the minority of people. However, those are the ones we hear about.

Perfect example. There was an elderly mentally handycapped man at a local store the other day. A number of young "hip" teen bullys were there and pushed his buggy out in to traffic. A number of bistandards got involved, stopped traffic, helped the man and caught the kids... But what made the news? Not those of us that were willing to help, just the jackass that pushed the cart in to traffic! So, what do people see? The wicked, not the good!

The good is all around us, it's just not considered news or entertainment worthy, so we don't hear about it... But it's there in droves! In fact there is much more good than wicked! But, we also need to remember that without evil we can't appreciate the blessings!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:17 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• i am a very spiritual person. I'm just not Christian. there are many ways to be spiritual in this world without Christianity

You can have knowledge of the spiritual realm but cannot be Truly Spiritual unless the Spirit of God (Elohim) dwells on the inside. Also known as Jesus Christ and Holy Ghost.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 11:05 PM on Dec. 8, 2009