I need help with some answers

I am a stay at home mom who is trying to get a job. I have been emailed with a list o potential interview questions. I am completely drawing a blank on "Name 2-3 ways you would integrate yourself into the team at work".

The only thing I can come up with it is to meet everyone individually and be my best to contribute to the team.. I know that doesn't really answer the question, that's where you guys come in. Please help :) Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• The first part was good..."I would meet everyone and learn what their functions are and what they need from ME. I would also observe how the team works every day for the first few days, to see where my assistance is needed most."

One of the best pieces of advice I ever got as a new manager was to not make changes immediately but rather to observe the situation and THEN start looking at places to improve. If this company hires you, they will choose you because of the strengths you bring to the team. It will be up to you to observe to see where those strengths are best applied.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:24 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• ohhh questions like that are always hard, so do this close your eyes and picture yourself at work what do you do to make yourself a part of the team?

you have a great start by getting to know people, but also you will want to learn as much as you can about current projects, who is responsible for what, what is expected of you as a part of that team and ways your willing to help other team members. Are you a great brainstormer? do you have good research skills, or are you more the oragnized type who likes to keep it all together or a combo of all of them?

Also check out this site for some great ideas on answers http://humanresources.about.com/od/involvementteams/a/team_questions.htm
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:25 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Ask the team members how they think you can all work best together.

Ask the team members what their working style is (team, individual, etc.)

Sit down with the team members and create a mission statement for the team.

Send me a message offlist if you need more help. I do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview prep.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:32 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Identify your talents and the team's current needs. Fill in the gaps if any exist. Seek advice from the team leader while you are in the process of learning the team's processes.

I'd also pick a talent you have (say organization) and describe how you can shed some new light in that area to improve efficiency.

I always try to incorporate answers that show a willingness to ask for help as well as the confidence to help others.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:00 PM on Dec. 8, 2009