I have 2 dogs and I need to find a home for them for a few months, is there anything like this and if so where would l find it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Pets

• If you need to rehome an animal you can used craigslist.com . It sucks to have to give away an animal, I've had to do it before, but there are always people on there looking for a nice dog. Be sure to ask for a small fee so that you are not just giving the dog to someone who will do harm to it. (this is not always the case, but I've heard of it happening)
    mayas_mom

Answer by mayas_mom at 3:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• If it is only for a few months can you get a family member or friend to take them? Another option would be to board them but that would get expensive
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 4:01 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I'd ask friends or family first, otherwise you might be able to find someone willing to take your dogs into their home for only a few months, people who foster dogs do that though its so they can find new homes, but you could advertise in different classifieds to see if anyone would. Tell them you'll pay for the food and any vet bills that come about of course (I'm sure you'd be willing to otherwise who would do it?) and make sure you can really trust them. See if your local shelter could help you find someone, they have volunteers who might, knowing they'd be going back to their original home. Otherwise I don't know what to tell you, just be careful. You'd probably have to make a contract you'd both sign so they don't end up keeping your dogs or something. I hope you can find someone, good luck. Sorry you're in a tough situation.
    stargazerwolf

Answer by stargazerwolf at 9:56 PM on Dec. 23, 2009