What would you do?

In November I made a huge mistake. I went to a party and got carried away and slept with a friend. Well now I have not had my period..was due last week of Nov. Im a single mom of three and with my last child was told not to have any more that it could be life threating for me. I had post partum cardiomyopahty. Would you have an abortion in this situation? I am not one for abortion but just so scared and not sure what to do. Any words of wisdom or support out there? Im going tommrow to get a test..havent been able to due to kids home sick.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes, I would abort.
    Anonymous

• If you knew you couldnt have more kids, why are you not on birth control?
    Anonymous

• I am not on bc because I just dont have sex..Im not in a relationship with anyone. This was just a night where I got carried away and things got out of hand. Yes its my fault I admit it and feel like shit because of it.
    Anonymous

• I agree if you can't have kids or don't want kids, you should be on birth control.

Yes, I would abort. You are a single mother of 3 be more responsible.

Anonymous

• Abortion is murder unless it is life threatening to go full term. I say go to the doctor, tell them about the risks told to you the last time you gave birth and ask for their advice. Mistakes happen but for some reason if you are pregnant, it was meant to be... that's what I believe anyways. I don't look down on you unless you kill your baby (if you are pregnant for no good reason)
    Anonymous

• I think you should do what's best for your family. If you were told another pregnancy would be life threatening, I think its more important to make sure your already born children will still have a mother to take care of them. Sounds like if you are pregnant, it is very early in the pregnancy. You made a mistake, everyone does so don't beat yourself up about it....just learn from it and remember to be prepared for situations like that in the future.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 5:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I'm not gonna hassle you about BC, because what is done is obviously done. If it were me....I would be thinking that cardiomyopathy is mighty darned serious. Your children need you. I would understanding aborting in this situation myself. And you are human and we all make mistakes. Just make you a plan in the future for what type of protection you will use with encounters.
    Anonymous

• The abortion is murder opinion needs to get left out. It's not even in the realm of this topic.

Yes, that should be an option in this case. You have three children who need their mother and even if you do carry this one to term you could very well leave four children motherless. That is far worse than abortion.
    Anonymous

• I am against abortion except when it comes down to the life of the mother. You have three other children that need cared for. If your test is positive I would go to the doctor and really talk. Find out the chances of the outcome. If you cannot carry this baby to term, if it is life threatening then, I hate to say it, I would abort. This is a topic that DH and I have talked about every time I have been pregnant. How fair is it to the other children? Give them a sibling but take away their mother? It doesn't compare. A mother is definitely more needed than another sibling, hands down. But as I said, I would get all the facts from a doctor, maybe a few doctors before I made a decision.
    Anonymous

• I feel like you don't have the right to take the life of that baby. It's not the innocent babys fault. And abortion is not birth control.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Dec. 9, 2009