Does your husband and extended family like that you are a stay at home mom?

Mine does. We go to deer camp and the lake a lot and since I'm the one at home I do all the planning, prep, and packing for it. We always vacation with my parents and brother. Its something we enjoy. In the summer we go for 10 days to the lake and during deer season we do 10 days in the woods. I'm in charge of all planning.

Also I help my family out, like when they need an adult to be there to meet the cable guy, or need someone to take a child somewhere.

My family appreciates my hard work and are glad for it. Are you appreciated or not?

I feel SAHM's get soo much grief. I like that my family at least recognizes what I do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• In my in-law's family, the men consider themselves failures if their wives HAVE to work, but beyond that have no opinion of whether or not you choose to work. When my husband had to go on disability for a year it made him impossible to live with. Like he could work when he couldn't stand upright *sigh*
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:30 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• My husband likes that I am a sahm. The rest of my family thinks I wasted a ton of money by going to college and getting a degree before having my kids, and now i don't use it. I think it is more important that I am here with my kids, but my husband and I are about the only ones in my family who think that.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 3:47 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• DH loves that he is able to provide enough for me to be a SAHM. We live well below our means and love our lives. I am able to be there to do whatever he needs done (parts running, paperwork, insurance, etc...for his business) and still able to be home with children. I don't think my family cares either way until it is time to have someone do the planning for get-togethers and do the cooking. Then they love the fact that I am there to do this.
    And for the people who do not believe SAHM's work, I am busy from 5am when DH gets up for work until well past 10pm. There is always something that needs to be done.
    Anonymous

• I want to be part of your family lol

My husband likes that I am a sahm for now. he and I both want me to get a job once our son, and any other children we may have start school. I am going to go back to school myself while my son is still at home, I just havent figured out what I want to be when I grow up. My extended family doesnt really have an opinion about it. My dh makes enough money that we can live comfortably, not rich but ok
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:02 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• This is what my husband and I both wanted. So he is definately happy.

I could care less what extended family thinks but as far as I know...they think its cool.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:11 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• My family has no problem at all with what I do. DH is all concerned about money here lately but he is the one who spends it, not me or the kids so that's his problem as far as I'm concerned. He and I agreed before our first baby was born that I'd be home and he'd work. As for his family, from what I gather they blame me for his having to work, like he somehow would have no bills to pay if we weren't married. I couldn't care less about their opinions though, they have zero room to judge or throw stones.
    Anonymous

• My husband definitely wants me raising our children rather than putting them in daycare. His sister stayed at home with her son for the first year. My MIL and FIL also appreciate the fact that even though I have a degree and was a school teacher, I left my career behind to care for our children.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:31 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I am not a SAHM, but really wish I was! In the next few years, I want to at least go part time so I can be home when my (now) 2 year old son gets home from school when he starts kindergarten. We are both working very hard to make that goal a reality. He would be proud of me and so would my family.

I have a pretty busy and demanding job currently, full time. I know if I were a SAHM, I would be even busier and the hours would be even longer than 40 hours a week....and I would cherish it! ;)
    Anonymous