how long will the pregnancy last

i know it lasts 9 months but some women told me it last more then that sometimes

melly120

Asked by melly120 at 3:57 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 40 weeks
    keithamy06

Answer by keithamy06 at 3:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Well it depends on the baby! My first pregnancy only lasted 33 weeks, my second pregnancy lasted 41.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 3:59 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Your estimated due date is the middle date of the entire month that you are 'due'. 2 weeks before or after your due date are considered "on time". Your EDD is 40 weeks from your LMP.
    jenwmuot

Answer by jenwmuot at 4:01 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Typically pregnancy is 9 months. Many experts assert that it is in fact 10 months long (when you factor in ovualtion and conception). But it doesn't really matter because most women don't know they are pregnant until at least that 1st month is over. Yes some can be over due meaning, past their due date. There are variety of reasons for this mostly its due to inaccuratey of due dates and not actually longer pregnancies. Either way no dr. will let you go past 42 weeks (this caluation is based on your due date).
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 4:01 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• up to 43 weeks :) usually between 38 and 42 weeks though.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 4:15 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• People say 9 months but it's actually 10 for a full term pregnancy. Full term is 40 weeks, divide 40 by 4 weeks in a month and that is 10 months. But every pregnancy is different. I had my first baby at 37.5 weeks.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:19 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Its 40 weeks from the first day of your last period, they say 9 months but if you add 40 weeks up its actually 10 months, but not everyone carries to term and some carry longer!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 4:27 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Oh good Lord, why do people keep saying 40 weeks is 10 months? That drives me INSANE because it is soooo not true! Based on their logic, a year (52 weeks) would be 13 months (divide 52 weeks by 4 weeks in a month and that is 13 months... THEIR logic, not mine!!) 40 weeks is approximately 9 months 6 days from the first day of your last period.

Here is some real math for your... there are 4 weeks exactly in Feb (except for a leap year), 4 weeks and 2 days in April, June, Sept & Nov and 4 weeks 3 days in Jan, March, May, July, Aug, Oct & Dec. So people who divide 40 by 4 weeks are forgetting a few days in every month!!

Sure it is possible to go late and be pregnant for 10 months but 40 weeks IS NOT 10 MONTHS!!!!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 4:35 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• i'm there with you jaydin_makenna. lol. it drives me crazy too when people say that 40 weeks=10 months. lol.

my son was born at 41 weeks, so i was pregnant for 39 weeks which means i was pregnant for about 8.95 months, but if you go by 41 weeks, i was pregnant for about 9.41 months. LOL.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 4:48 PM on Dec. 8, 2009