Low vitamin D.......anybody else have this problem?

I have a really low vitamin D level and im taking all of the vitamins that the doctor gives me. Im curious...is there any other mothers out there who have Vitamin D deficiency?? How do you feel? Im tired ALL the time and lots more....but im getting better with the vitamins. Has anybody started a group for this yet????

MommyTurtle1985

Asked by MommyTurtle1985 at 3:59 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Health

• Yes, and I feel so much better now that I take them, Vitamin D is related to belly fat, depression and fatigue, it is pretty common!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 4:06 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• If you spend 10-20 minutes in the sun every day your body will produce enough vit D. You must spend a lot of time inside or do you always use sunscreen?
    Anonymous

• This is a chronic health issue in the US. People don't realize that dairy products can actually leach vitamins and minerals from the body. Do you wear sunscreen when you are outside? This may be blocking the sun's D from reaching you.

Here are a couple of resources for you: http://www.pcrm.org/news/health010404.html  http://www.scienzavegetariana.it/nutrizione/pcrm/pcrm_strong_bones.html

Answer by rkoloms at 4:06 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Anon, that is a misconception, not everyone can hold vitamin D in their body through sun, trust me!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 4:08 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I have this problem as well and have to take supplements. Sun exposure is out of the question for me as a possible solution, as I have a skin disorder secondary to Lupus that causes a nasty reaction to any UV exposure.
    Anonymous

• No I dont use sunscreen like EVER cause i love to tan. The doctor didn't really give me a reason for the vitamin d issue, he just says that i am at higer risk for breast cancer later on in life, and that scared me of course. So im taking the new vitamins, plus the old vitamins, and working milk products into my diet. Im really not a dairy fan....just cheese, but i dont eat enough to be signifigant. LOL so thank you all for your input, glad its not just me.
    MommyTurtle1985

Answer by MommyTurtle1985 at 8:58 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Our doc said to make sure the vitamin D that we are taking is vitamin D3. It is a better quality. It works better in the bodies system. Our son was getting sick all the time (15x in 4 1/2 months) His doc put him on D3 and he has been 22months with only 3 one day sniffles. It boosts your immune system and will help everything work better. For me my doc told me to take D3 and a multi vit that has alot of B vitamins because stress depletes you of them and they give you energy. Hope this helps
    enetsala

Answer by enetsala at 10:44 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• yes, i have to take 50,000 units a week. i have joint pain and softening finger bones plus a lot more.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Dec. 10, 2009