do keagel excercises really work?

I had my baby 10 months ago and still feel like I can't hold my pee!!! What's wrong with me.... am I doing them wrong!???

bellybeans_mom

Asked by bellybeans_mom at 4:00 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• i had a friend who did them wrong, and i was shocked! She was holding her pee, releasing, holding, releasing, holding releasing...
    When you are actually peeing, this is stressful to your muscles. Only hold your pee once, to find out which muscles you need to be working.
    when not going to the bathroom, use these muscles.
    i have heard of doing it two different ways. One, just engage the muscles and release several times in a row several times a day.
    Another way (i find this difficult) is to engage the muscles and breathe deeply in and out while still contracting those muscles.
    these are just things that i have read...but be sure you are not actually doing the keegals while going to the bathroom.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:45 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Yes. You should have been instructed to do these when you delivered your child.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:02 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• There are companies that make vaginal weights that can help re-train your muscles. They aren't expensive and a $50 investment in not wetting your pants at the grocery is worth it to me.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 4:50 PM on Dec. 8, 2009