Clearing throat constantly

For the last few months my 3 year old son has been clearing his throat all day long. He is not sick no fever or cough. We kind of thought it was some kind of a weird tic or something, but I have tried searching on the internet and the only thing that comes up is undiagnosed asthma. He has a doctor appt friday just to check it out but I was wondering if any one else has a child that has done this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I did that as a kid and it was because I was lactose intolerant, if my mom didn't give me dairy it went away really fast. Worth a try right?
    Anonymous

• He could also have a food allergy or sensitivity, especially dairy or wheat.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:59 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I did it as a kid because of constant post nasal drip, which was due to allergies- dust, and so forth. It was not voluntary, there was a feeling of something back there and I kept trying to swallow it.

Answer by Bmat at 9:08 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• It could also be seasonal allergies. I am like that for about 10 months a year from allergies.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:50 PM on Dec. 8, 2009