what are your personal feelings on dying? (Your own physical death, only honest answers please.

not a topic most of us are comfortable discussing in person, want to know if you can honestly answer this personal question! Does it make you uneasy, or. .... other...(not really a just-for-fun question, but not looking to debate about religious belief).

merryheart

Asked by merryheart at 4:17 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I dont' know if it makes me uneasy exactly... I hope when it comes I can face it with some courage and dignity, and I hope it doesnt' come anytime soon. At this point my preoccupation is not with my own physical death, but on the things I wouldn't get to experience, like seeing my children grow up.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 4:20 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I'm not afraid to die. I believe in God and Heaven and eternal life (not starting a debate, just my beliefs). But seriously I don't care what happens to my body when I'm dead b/c I'll be dead so it won't matter. I just hope and pray I don't have to suffer while I'm dying. I also hope its a long time before I die only b/c I don't want my daughter to have to grow up without her mother in her life.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 4:22 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Because I have people that count on me the idea of death scares me to no end. I can't honestly say that this is something I have ever dwelled upon. I do, however, believe that there is a God and he/she will be there when I pass. I MUST believe that. To believe anything else would drive me insane.
    mygirlscome1st

Answer by mygirlscome1st at 4:28 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I hope when it's my time, that I go quickly (whether as the result of an accident or illness), and do not suffer or put my family through months/years of stress and suffering; and because my children have special needs (high function autism), I hope to live at least long enough to see that they become grown adults, complete their educations and are independent/self-sufficient, contributing members of society (which they are capable of being able to do). Everything else is gravy! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:30 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I'm not afraid of dying, but I do worry about my children and husband if i am gone, something that I do need otr learn to trust God with. I beleive that when I die I will be with Jesus, and I look forward to living in Heaven with God :), in God's timing of course.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 4:31 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Well I do hope it doesnt come soon I'd like to see my daughter grow up and see her children grow up =]] I would like to live a full happy long enough life to do so,I mean I am only sixteen lol.Death doesn't make me feel uneasy unless it is someone other than myself.
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 4:32 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• The Only thing that upsets me is that someone else will join me. There choice I'm told, but feel bad about that, and dot wish to hurt. Yes I have a life ending condition now. All of us will leave at some point. Last week an entire family gone in an instant, Father, .Mother and two kids. Plus the four Officers being laid to rest today.
    Anonymous

• The thought makes me nervous. I have issues that I'm going to miss something while I'm sleeping let alone not being here at all! I think of all the advances made in the last 100 years. I think of the music and movies that have come out since my Dad passed and how much he would have enjoyed them or been wow'd by the special effects possible; etc...
    Anonymous

• I think im kind of nervous while I know I am going to heaven I am uneasy about the unknown. I know that it wil be wonderful though. I don't know why that would make me uneasy. I don't want my loved ones to hurt for me either when I am gone. That is mostly what I worry about.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 4:57 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• OF course it is upsetting. Because we are conscious beings, we cannot comprehend what it would be like not to be conscious, not to be alive. However, each and every one of us were not always alive. There was a time before we had conscoiusness, before we had life and none of us knows or can recall what it was like. It wasn't 'painful' or scary because we had no conscious mind, we were not alive, we didn't exist. I suppose it'll be something similar. I don't necessarily believe in a 'soul' so to me, dying or being dead would be how it was before I was born: blank.
    Anonymous