Legs/ankles swelling and legs itching?

I'm 31 weeks pregnant and Saturday I was at my dads and my legs were itching really bad behind my knees and when I pulled my pant leg up he noticed my legs and ankles were swollen (I cant see much below my waist so I didnt know). Well the last few days my legs have still been really itchy and last night I was laying on the couch and noticed they were swollen again and I had ankle socks on and they made indentions in my ankles. My question is would my legs and ankles swelling be causing the itching too or vice versa? And idk why my legs would swell since I have a desk job and sit down all day and I dont eat alot of salt or drink sodas to retain water? I go to the Dr Thursday and I plan on asking her but I was just curious if anyone else has had this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Very common in pregnancy especially you being 31 weeks now. Elevate those feet! The itching has to do with the swelling.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 4:23 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Watch the swelling and make sure it is not vericose veins. I had one that popped after pregnancy. So almost 12 years later I had it removed..But I remember the itching.....
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• OP-With my first preganncy about 4 yrs ago my legs swelled up at the end but I didn't have itching so I wasn't sure if that was normally or not.
    Anonymous

• My legs always swell up when I'm pregnant, especially during the summer (they swell up in the summer even when I'm not pregnant). When I was pregnant with my son in 2001 I had a family reunion to go to and was on my feet chasing after my 1yo all day. On the 4 hour drive home my legs started to swell and my feet were so bad my toes were curling up because the skin was being pulled taught. I couldn't put my shoes or sandals on and could barely walk. It was very painful and we almost detoured to a hospital.
    Basically I have to stay off my feet and keep them elevated the last 2 or 3 months to keep the swelling down.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:26 AM on Dec. 9, 2009