Do you ever wonder whats in baby wipes or what they might do to you child?

I have used baby wipes for everything! I mean everything from taking blood out of clothes and blankets, to scrubbing paint out of carpet, and just now i have waterproof mascara that must somewhere say permenant on it because NOTHING not even waterproof make-up remover is taking it off, so i tried a baby wipe...right of it came! What the heck?! i never really thought much of it til it really just took off my mascara that nothing else will take it off! just food for thought i guess!

babymaddy

Asked by babymaddy at 4:23 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yeah I wondered when I was pregnant so have only used wipes when out and about and I only buy the eco ones. I also wondered this about nappies too (I use(d) cloth in the end) and couldn't believe the stuff they put in some of them! I pretty much obsessed over every detail when I was pregnant.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 6:56 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• You can make your own wipes from cloth and wash them. The green moms group had recipes.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 4:33 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• that would be why you read ingredient lists, and check the fiber content. (:
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:36 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• LOL I remember as a teen using those noxema pads on my face - - -until I learned on a trip that they can also be used to remove paint!! I haven't been able to bring myself to touch them again. . . . . . .
    I don't know what baby wipes you are using - but mine have never been good on stains in clothes and on carpets. I tried. However, a lot of them DO have some alcohol content in them, which is probably why they were effective with the waterproof mascara.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 4:41 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Nope. We used wash clothes with water and olive oil. I couldn't see wasting money on disposable wipes...

Answer by rkoloms at 4:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Thats why I make my own baby wipes (cloth wipes and solution)
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 5:08 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• never used wipes normally (just for camping) wash cloth and water

plus mine are allergic to aloe - which is in EVERYTHING for babies.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:27 PM on Dec. 8, 2009