If God Intended....

...for us to lactate, and to breastfeed (which is obviously the case, since we have breasts) is it then technically a sin for a woman who is fully functional to choose to formula feed?

since "God" provided us with the necessary equipment to sustain the life of our child once we birthed it, then is it not obscene to fashion false nipples with which to feed gods precious creation, "milk" that was not ever intended by design, for them to eat, because our sloth? (now go reference "sloth" in your bible... its a two for one sin!)
how is it obscene to feed a child with gods creation, as intended, but it is not obscene to wield false nipples attached to a vessel full of mans inferior creation?
(please keep swearing to a minimum- this is a RELIGIOUS question, NOT a ff vs BF debate)

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 4:32 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Perhaps the reason there is no scripture is because at that point in time there was no other option. You couldn't give up just because it was difficult going in the beginning. There was no smorgas board of distractions in those times. No outside jobs to go to. Feeding the baby was something that had to be done and there was only one way to do it. Women in those days had to be determined to make it work for the survival of their children. I would think that the women who had issues with breastfeeding had plenty of support from other women because there was always someone who was experienced in such matters. Now it is a choice. I genuinely believe that alot of the conditions that make it difficult for women to lactate these days are due to contaminants in our food, air, water and toxins in medicine that have wrecked havoc on the functions of various bodily functions.
    Anonymous

• it becomes sin when you go against your Godly convictions. The Lord may have given you direct instructions to bf your baby for specifc reasons; if you choose to disobey his voice you have sinned. You can't label personal conviction as a biblical sin especially one not listed. What about moms who are too sick to bf?
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 4:38 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I guess hewould not be happy with me then!...I chose not to with my first , and with my second- we jsut couldnt get him to do it-about a week or two of trying and it was not going well, so he got bottle fed too. Not sure how God would deal with that situation...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:38 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I will be the first to endorse BF but I think we are going a bit far by looking for sin in everything we do in life. I guess you could then turn around and say that a woman who had medical issues and is unable to BF is being punished by God or that a woman willing to expose herself to feed her child in public is a whore.

When you make every thing you do about sin it leads to more silly examples that just keeps reducing the number of people who are worthy of being christian.

This would explain why I started really leaning toward the pagans at least they dont go around trying to find sin and damnation in everything people do in their lives.

Anonymous

• Haha, I'm gonna check back later and see the responces where some of them had steam shooting out their ears.

Mixing FF vs BF with religion - the ultimate debate starter - nice!!
    Anonymous

• I thank God for the alternative, my child would not breast feed properly even though i wanted to, so without the "false nipples attached to a vessel" I would have had a big problem. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

full of mans inferior creation? ---- oooh what a mouthful LOL, sometimes mans inferior creation is a blessing from Allah to them, which it was in this case for me. !!!!! LOL
    zanzeebeel

Answer by zanzeebeel at 4:50 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• responces

did you mean responses?

Anonymous

• sometimes people say the dumbest things.
    Anonymous

• Well I didnt lactate I had no choice but to .. how did you say it.. wield false nipples attached to a vessel full of mans inferior creation.. otherwise my child would have starved to death...so thanks playtex and enfamil!!
    Anonymous

• I think Anon 4:40 said it beautifully! :)
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 5:21 PM on Dec. 8, 2009