does this bother anyone else??

My daughter is three an will be four this feb. but it drives me nuts to see her sit with her legs open!! i dont know why so much but it just does, and then when i see ten year olds wearing skirts or dresses and they sit with there legs open i keep telling my self that my daughter is not going to be like that!!!

does that make me a weird mommy??

mrssundin

Asked by mrssundin at 4:46 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yeah it bothers me too. I have two three year olds, they will also be 4 in Feb, and I tell them all the time to sit like ladies, and that no one wants to see their underpants! If I have to tell them more then twice, I make them put pants or leggins on under their dress or skirt.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 5:07 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I just tell my dd to sit like a lady all the time. I hope it sticks lol
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:47 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• No, if she is wearing a dress/skirt/shorts teach her that she needs to keep them closed, there are too many creepers out there.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 4:47 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I have two daughters, they are told to sit with there legs closed when wearing dresses.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 4:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• No, that doesn't make you a weird mother. There is nothing wrong with a little girl acting lady-like. But, then again there are little girls who act more like tomboys then ladies. I don't think they are doing it on purpose, but it should be discussed and let them know that when they do that everyone can see their undewear, lol.
    Cappy1979

Answer by Cappy1979 at 4:53 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• my DD is 5 and i have been using the rhyme " I see London I see France....:" when she opens her legs in skirst since she was 3 and 9 times out of 10 she has her legs closed and ankles crossed now. Just coach her a little shell catch on
    momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 4:53 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• underwear**
    Cappy1979

• bugs me.

I remind them to sit properly. whether wearing a skirt or not, and even if that skirt has the shorts built in underneath.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:26 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• It bugged me too...when my daughter was little and didn't pay attention to the way she was sitting. These days at 16....a dress is completely out of the question due to her own sense of style. When she was little and in general all about romping and having fun and really didn't get why we 'sit like a lady'....I would put a pair of shorts or leggings on her underneath the skirt (depending on the weather) and then nothing showed even when she forgot.
    Anonymous

• It bothers me too!!! I know what you mean.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 5:42 PM on Dec. 8, 2009