Abdominal twitches

So, for a long time now (pretty much since my son was born two years ago), I've had twitches in my stomach/ab muscles. Honestly at first I thought it was "phantom kicking" because I had been so used to being pregnant, but it has continued for two years. I never had anything like that before being pregnant. And lately, its been happening more and more - at least twice a day for a minute or two at a time, my stomach spazzes out and its rather annoying. I'm not doing situps or any hard stomach exercises that I think could cause it. Any idea what the heck it is?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Mine does that too.I think its just one of those things.I know when your eye does it it means you're tired or had too much caffeine,but the tummy...I don't know.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 5:59 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• mine has been doing it (it kinda feels like it does when you first start feeling your baby move) i also get these sharp jabbing pains. I've had them for a long time but they have all of a sudden gotten much worse..i'm going to the doctor about it tomorrow..i was going to wait until after christmas but they said it sounds like something i need to have checked out and that i should come asap
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:56 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• OP - shay1130, let me know if they think it is serious, please! I get sharp pain too, but honestly I thought it was just gas...
    Anonymous

• okay..i just hope its nothing serious.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:34 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• i went and they said it could be from having my c section from the scar tissue and they said its possible it could be cyst but they are doing an ultrasound on mon to see.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:35 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• OP - a cyst? I have PCOS, which is a disorder that causes cysts... Did they say why cysts would cause twitches???
    Anonymous

• they didnt say...she says she thinks its more scar tissue but they want to just to the ultrasound anyways because of the pain ive been havin to double check
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:38 AM on Dec. 10, 2009