Sons Ears bleeding?

I think my son had an ear infection that broke itself. he had dried wax on the outside of his ear this morning. and this after noon i noticed blood in his ear. I called his pedi and all they wanted to tell me was that his normal doc is out of town, they would make an apointment. Does this sound normal, or should i pack up and go to the ER?! Hes almost 1, and this would have been his 4th infection. He had no fever or anything this time around!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is more than likely and ear infection, but can also be a sign of trauma of some sort, if it were me I would pack up and go to Urgent care now, he could have a ruptured eardrum! Good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 5:06 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• If it were me, id pack up and go to the ER right away; could be an infection but could be alot more.
    nikkik526

Answer by nikkik526 at 5:10 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• ER can't help if it's an ear infection. Press on the little button part of his ear right in front of the hole. If he winces, it's an ear infection likely. They'd put him on drugs to clear it up. Could be the infection ruptured the eardrum but I would think he'd have been crying in pain more. Look for draining and keep in touch with the nurse, don't panic.
    Anonymous