Have you heard of a J antibody?

I am 16 weeks pregnant with baby #3 and I was told today that I tested positive for the J antibody but referred to another dr to get the details about it. No one seems to be very familiar with it. So far, all I have been told is that it can cause issues with regards to the red blood cells of the baby and that it may mean the baby may need a transfusion immediately after birth. Anyone familiar with this? I cant seem to find much on the internet about it either. Thanks.

jdrae13

Asked by jdrae13 at 5:45 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I ve heard of if u had a certain blood type and the baby has a certain opposite blood type that u have to get some shots before u go into labor or u need a blood transfusion never heard it called that before though
    aidensmama8

Answer by aidensmama8 at 8:09 PM on Dec. 8, 2009