Is it normal to start worrying the last month or so before you give birth?

I've been fine the whole pregnancy. This pregnancy has been better than my last and I had to get cerclage placed at 15 wks with this one but no worries until now. I'm suppose to have the cerclage taking out in about 5 to 6 wks. between 37 and 38 wks and I'm getting really emotional, having terrible moodswings and can't get my house clean enough. I wasn't like this with my other pregnancy and I'm worrying the closer it gets and don't know why. I know everything is going to be fine just little thoughts in the back of my mind I guess.

pandora09

Asked by pandora09 at 6:08 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's normal. I was like that with my 2nd! Good luck!! Everything will be fine! I kept freaking out about not having everything I needed or that I was forgetting something.. But when she was born I had MORE than enough stuff, and I hadn't even used everything!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 6:10 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• TOTALLY NORMAL! lol

I did well with each until the last week or so and then I was freaking out. how on earth was I going to take care of this little creature inside of me. I'd never even held a baby before lol. I was ready to just quit when I was in labour, but dh talked me through it and said it would all be ok. it was, and it still is.

it was different with #2 and #3 - I wanted it to be over with so I could have my baby then it was a reality of WOW I'll have more than one!
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:36 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• HA! I was worried my entire pregnancy!

We had a miscarriage before our son was born. I am a worry wart anyways... Praise GOD he was and is perfectly healthy!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 6:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Our first daughter died after she was born her lungs weren't development and they told me I had incompetent cervix so with my last pregnancy and this one had to have cerclage placed. my last cerclage was emergency cerclage and I worried a lot more with her than this pregnancy but the closer it gets the more nervous I'm getting.
    pandora09

Answer by pandora09 at 7:00 PM on Dec. 8, 2009