Home Alone?

Ok my hubby works long hours like alot of other hubbys Im sure. But now that it gets dark at FOUR'O CLOCK, I start to get a little nervous he doesnt get home until 830, and thats three nights a week the other nights he gets out at 6pm. I just feel like someones gona break in, or any little noise I hear I get nervous, does anyone have this problem?

Destany22

Asked by Destany22 at 6:16 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• only when he is out of town- like your dh, my so works long hours. some days he is home at 6, others midnight... it depends on what "fires" he is putting out at work. i'm fine when i know that he'll be home after a while, but when he has to go out of town and leave me here, i wind up sleeping on the couch. i wake at every little noise, and am just plain twitchy. i really don't like being alone over night.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:19 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Try having a husband that works overnight. Mine leaves at 6:30 PM and doesn't get home until 8:00 AM. Needless to say, I don't get enough sleep.
    Anonymous

• OMG I feel for you that must suck, but it pays that bills thats probably the only reason why you both do it for the money lol seriously but nothing will happen your in Gods hands.
    Destany22

Answer by Destany22 at 7:02 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Whenever he deploys, I really like having my dog aka my alarm system. She only barks but at least I know and she will wake me up. Also living on base helps to make it a little easier, but I still put the chain on the doors. I just keep telling myself that i am going to be okay, and i know were the shotgun is and how to cock it. And a lot of TV to distract me enough to relax and go to sleep.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Every third day my Husband works 24 hour shift from 8-8, those nights I use to never sleep that is until we got our Scooby (our boxer/pit mix). I sleep a lot better knowing that if anything walks around our house he knows and he is all over it. I have hallucinations when I sleep so it helps knowing that he is around to help me be aware of what is real and what is a hallucination. Whenever anybody comes around our house he is fully aware and sound like he is going to go through the brick to get to them. He doesn't leave when the noise goes away either, he stands there and growls every so often just to make sure they are gone. I sleep a lot better now.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 10:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• My fiance works from 11:30pm to 8:00am so I am home alone 5 nights a week at the least. I have a gun that I have practiced using and I am comfortable with, we have a very territorial pitbull and I bought these awesome wedge door alarms that you put in front of the door so if it gets opened this BLARING shrill alarm goes off. My fiance knows to NEVER come home early without calling, we have an agreement that if that door alarm goes off I shoot whoever comes through that door. I also watch T.V. really loud when I fall asleep so I can't hear any noises at night.
    maranda1389

Answer by maranda1389 at 11:07 PM on Dec. 8, 2009