Does this sound like a dumb idea for a Christmas party gift exchange game?

I'm in charge of a Christmas party for group of female professionals. We will be bringing small gifts for a gift exchange, and I need to come up with a short game for that. Here's my idea: I'll put two gifts on the table and then get two "contestants" from our members. I'll show them a picture from a recent sale circular and ask them to guess the sales price. The one closest without going over wins the round and gets to choose which gift to open, and the loser gets the other gift - sort of a Price Is Right type thing. Does this sound fun or stupid? Do you have a better idea?

Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Holidays

• I know the musical chairs idea sounds stupid for adults but we did this at our church and it was soooooo much fun! I think the idea you came up with sounds fun but some adults are going to be shy to do that and it could be very time consuming.
    Anonymous

• at our parties with family we would draw numbers to see who got to go first..the #1 would get to open the first present, then #2..goes they could decide if they liked 1's present and wanted it or if they wanted to open there own gift...if they chose # 1's then #1 has to open another present...if they chose to open one then #3 goes..number 3 has the same choice they can either choose 1 or 2's gift or open their own gift. This is pretty fun..cuz everyone steals everyones gift
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:29 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• what about a musical chairs of gifts. like put them on a big conference table. play xmas music and they walk around it... when the music stops they get the gift closest to them...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:30 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 9:35 AM on Dec. 9, 2009