When is the best time to test my LH surge using an ovulation prediction kit?

I thought it would be best to use first morning urine but came across something that said after 2:00 pm. If that is true and I have been testing in the am, could that be causing me to miss my ovulation? thanks everyone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• The best time to test is 2 p.m., or as close as possible. Anytime between noon and 8 p.m. is fine, first morning urine is not recommended. The reason for this is that most women experience a surge in the morning, but it can take 4 hours for it to show up in your urine.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 6:48 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Thanks! I figured as much. So am I missing my O thanks to my timing? I usually wait until I get my surge that morning and the BD that evening. Or would that still leave enough time to get the job done?
    Anonymous

• Most people will ovulate 12-48 hours after the LH surge is detected, most common is 36 hours after the actual surge. One should get a bit more notice, 24-48 hours, by testing in the afternoon.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 7:53 PM on Dec. 8, 2009