Any suggestions

I am 28 weeks pregnant and yesterday my doctor told me to abstain from sex for at least a month because she doesn't want to upset my cervix, so does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep my sex life going without penetration. I know obviously oral but maybe some new ways or positions etc...

zimmtobe

Asked by zimmtobe at 7:12 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• did she say abstain from orgasms? you could please yourself, or have your SO do it for you while s/he gets off.
    Anonymous

• She just wants me to abstain from penetration because I am having contractions and she doesn't want to irritate my cervix.
    zimmtobe

Answer by zimmtobe at 7:20 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• orgasm can make contractions worse so you might want to abstain from everything. That is since that's your problem.
    Anonymous

• I agree.. orgasm can cause contractions and if you are already having them then best bet would be not do do anything that has to do wil sex.. I haven't had sex for 6 weeks... lol sucks but it will all be worth it when the baby comes and you can have as much sex as you want them!
    Anonymous

• HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Ahhh sorry, that was funny. Once the baby comes you can't have sex for at least 6 weeks while you heal & if you're lucky you'll feel like having sex again. Most likely you'll be sooooooo tired sex will be the last thing on your mind.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:35 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• If you are having contractions this early you really need to avoid sex in all of it's forms. Extreme arousal or orgasm could lead to more contractions. You need to be drinking lots of water and staying off your feet or you may wind up put on bed rest.

Be patient and follow your doctor's orders. I had a ton of contractions during my first and second trimesters with my second baby and was told to avoid sex of any sort. The pregnancy got stronger and healthier as time went on and we were able to have sex during the 3rd trimester.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:03 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Dec. 8, 2009 by: Nyx7
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Ahhh sorry, that was funny. Once the baby comes you can't have sex for at least 6 weeks while you heal & if you're lucky you'll feel like having sex again. Most likely you'll be sooooooo tired sex will be the last thing on your mind

Umm...I was having sex 10 days after my DD was born (which is not recommended, but I healed quickly and had no stitches or anything). And my sex life went right back to normal and is still fantastic. So, that's not true for all!
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 2:02 AM on Dec. 9, 2009