Does this happen to every woman??? I wonder how to fix it?

I'm insecure. I know in a sense, everyone is, but I have a really bad case of it. When I see an attractive woman either out in town or even on television, I get a huge knot in my stomach. I get angry and start to feel sick. I don't know if I get angry at her for being pretty, or at myself for not being as pretty as her. I hate it and I want it to stop. Please don't bother bashing me, I do that to myself enough...

nicolemstacy

Asked by nicolemstacy at 7:19 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Health

• Self appreciation is commonly lacked in women and occasionally men!!! I don't always like what I see in the mirror either! But I love me for me and can careless who looks better than me, mainly because beautiful women(I mean facially and bodily combined) tend to be shallow and conceited(not all, but most). I get hit on all the time because of my body type and am sick of it!!! I appreciate me for me, not my looks. I'm 29 and look like a damn teen to lower 20's and hate it! I'm saying this to prove we all have issues with our image in one way or another! I created my selfesteem by likig things about me that I notice other women lack, things I've over come in life, my kids and how they look at and see me, how my friends value me, ect. Point is mama, f what everyone else thinks about or sees you as, because you live with you and know who you are and they are judging a book baed on its cover!!! You are very pretty, so love you 4 u!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 7:42 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• You are pretty. I saw your profile page. You have to stop beating yourself up over other woman's looks. You are beautiful too. You have to remember about what you like about your self when you start to do that. I have judged myself compared to other woman too.
    youngmom2004

Answer by youngmom2004 at 7:23 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I just went to your page. Your gorgeous. I don't see how you could have this problem.
    Anonymous

• You need some therapy. Only you can make you feel insecure.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:14 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Thank you ladies for your advice. I am in therapy, but it doesn't seem to be helping all that much. I am aware that nobody is doing it to me but myself, I just wish I knew how to make it stop. I'm not even aware of it most of the time until the knot in my stomach sinks in. Thanks again.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 8:26 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Well, I've been married for 2 + years and I cant stand him seeing me naked. I am hieght/ whieght proportionate and pretty good looking.

The point is we all have insicurities. Focus on your qualities. And never compair yourself to other woman (good God) It will only make feelings worse. Just accept that the woman you see is beautiful in her own ways.....but you got ALL these other qualities and characteristics that represent YOU.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 1:50 AM on Dec. 10, 2009