heartbeat question

I'm not far enough along yet to know the sex but the heartbeat yesterday was 157 what do u think boy or girl? my daughter i don't remember what hers was and i am about 13wks with this one right now. what was yours and what did you have? just curious. i know you can't base it all just on heartbeat.

alyssa1

Asked by alyssa1 at 7:22 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i think boy

my dd was 174 at 9 weeks
    keithamy06

Answer by keithamy06 at 7:26 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• One belief that has been around for some time, and even had some acceptance in the medical community at one point, is that the fetal heartbeat differs for boys and girls. If you're having a girl, then the fetal heart rate will be above 140. A boy will have a heart rate below 140. However, that pesky science has reared its little head again to say that this is complete fiction. A baby's heart rate is not affected by its sex until it is born, when a girl's heart rate will increase considerably compared with boys during labor.
    youngmom2004

Answer by youngmom2004 at 7:27 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• That is a hard one. I had the same question a few weeks ago, with about the same heartbeat. My babies heartbeat at 13 weeks was 151, so I thought I was having a boy....but today I had my sonogram and measured 21 weeks, and am having a girl. It was suprising because my first born (girl) her heartbeat was 140's and my sons was always 160s. Good Luck though!!
    southernstyle88

Answer by southernstyle88 at 7:33 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• the heartrate has nothing to do with the sex of the baby!
    I just found out I'm having a boy, my 3rd boy, and his heartrate was at 155
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 7:44 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• my daughters was in the 120s
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 8:07 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Emily was in the 150's And I cant remember with Ethan. But I honestly think it was the same.
    DandieMandie

Answer by DandieMandie at 11:28 PM on Dec. 8, 2009