In a gym or at home?

Would you rather work out at home or in a gym?-- of course, IF you could find a good work out program to do from home! If you already work out at home...which program do you use?

ammil87

Asked by ammil87 at 7:28 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• At home. I don't have the time to pack up and go somewhere, the long cold winter might definitely affect my motivation, and then there's question of what to do with the kids if I went to a gym.
    Anonymous

• i guess at home, but i also run in my neighborhood, which doesn't fit into either category.
    nemiller

Answer by nemiller at 8:02 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I started off doing Ten minute trainer which I still do from time to time, but I prefer to go to the gym. i like to lift heavy and i dont have weights at home. I do some cardio outside the gym like running or walking too.
    jazzyjae

Answer by jazzyjae at 8:12 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• If I had an eliptical in the living room I would be a workout queen lol. I read a study once that said for women the farther away the gym is the less likely she is to go, where a man is more likely to go no matter the distance. It said for women to go regularly the gym had to be no more than a mile away from home. I think this is true. when my gym was 6 miles away I rarely went, but I paid $54 a month for it. Then I moved and the gym was 1.5 miles and I went more often. Moved again and the gym is about 3 miles, and I rarely go. So If I had a home gym I would work out all the time. Videos dont work for me because I have a small house and no room to do all the dancy moves, even if I move all the furniture.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 6:28 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I have a treadmill at home..I run 3-4 times a week on it...saves me time and money from going to a gym.Plus I have weights here that I use on my off days.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 6:37 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I'd rather work out at a gym b/c I have more options of things I can do there and plus at home I can only do it when my DD is napping and my dog messes with me when I work out. At the gym they have a child care center I can put my DD in while I work out. But, we can't afford our gym membership anymore so we had to end it :(
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 7:53 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I do both. I have an elliptical at home I use while watching tv after the kids go to bed. I also go to the gym  on a 4-6 days a week. I like taking the different classes, using the different machines, and the weight room.

MOM2SWEETNESSx3

Answer by MOM2SWEETNESSx3 at 7:55 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• home.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 8:06 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• At home. I have tryed the gym. I find it harder for myself to get out once it is cold. So we got a treadmill and I do that. I also found out on our Netflix they have some work outs. My youngest and I just started to do that. She like to try and do it with my. My girls have been my best motivation lately. They cheer me on when I work out.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 9:50 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I've lost all my weight at home and running through the neighborhood. I use dvds and exercise programs On Demand through our cable. I did 90 minutes of exercise in my living room today and feel great! We don't have room for any equipment and the only money I've spent is for weights, running shoes and a couple dvds!
    kelbel619

Answer by kelbel619 at 10:50 AM on Dec. 9, 2009