What do you think justifies a mother giving up her child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Adoption

• It's not something to be justified. It is that mother's choice and her choice alone.
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 7:40 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• There is no blanket answer for this question. It would be individual to each mother.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 7:56 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• No excuses. If you can't raise a child, don't have one. "accidents" are REALLY rare.
    Anonymous

• Giving a child up for adoption is the ultimate give of love and selfishness.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:11 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Ditto to this:
    It's not something to be justified. It is that mother's choice and her choice alone.
    Anonymous

• Who cares why she gives up the child!! at least she was not selfish enough to abort! She gave that child the gift of life! I am adopted and It wouldnt matter to me why my mother gave me up... nice to know, yes, but does it matter, no! I am thankful to be alive!!
    Kennedysmommy13

Answer by Kennedysmommy13 at 8:42 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I agree very much with the first poster that it is not something that needs justification to the public world. I do believe an adoptee is entitled to ask why and have the opportunity to ask.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Abortion has nothing to do with adoption... most birthmothers never even considered abortion. That's just insuting to even say.
    rainfalls

Answer by rainfalls at 9:38 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• A mother who does not have any choice.
    Mei-Ling

Answer by Mei-Ling at 11:48 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• my husband exists because his mother was raped but decided to let him live instead of aborting. I don't think it should matter why she gave him up. it could have been very painful for her to keep him- she went through something tramatic. all that matters is she let him live understanding it wasn't his fault and it wasn't hers.
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 12:02 AM on Dec. 9, 2009