Ok this might be a touchy subject but im a size 12 in pants i used to be a size 5-7 b-4 my children. am i the only one? I'm curiouse to know if i am average or overweight?

JazzyTysMomma

Asked by JazzyTysMomma at 8:09 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I'd say you're about average...it also depends on your height, though.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 8:11 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• According to statistic the average size is a 14 for a woman in america. Feeling the same way was really tiny before baby & now...not happy w/ the extra 20 lbs I'm still carrying. Don't have the energy to work out more than walking the dog & baby & am breastfeeding so dieting's out. Ahh to sacrifice it all for another...didn't realize how much of a sacrifice it was gonna be!!!!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:12 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Both. You are average (size 12) for this country but the average is also overweight. Not that ALL women in a size 12 are necessarily over weight, but if you've gone up 6 sizes then it's probably a safe to assume that you are overweight.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 8:12 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I would say you are just right.
    youngmom2004

Answer by youngmom2004 at 8:13 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• i'm the exact same..size 12, was 7 before my son
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:16 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• The question is, how comfortable are you?

Answer by rkoloms at 8:20 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• When I was a size 12 I was overweight but I am only 5'2''.. But the average is a size 14... The U.S has a major issue with obesity tho, so even a 14 while average, could be overweight..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:21 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• According to the CDC the average American woman is 5'4" 165lbs with a 37 inch waist. That gives the average woman a BMI of 28.3 That means that the average American woman is overweight, and nearly obese. BMI can be way off on some women if they have A LOT of muscle, but otherwise it's a decent indicator, especially when we are talking about averages.

BMI:
    Underweight = <18.5
    Normal weight = 18.5-24.9
    Overweight = 25-29.9
    Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 8:21 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I am not the average woman then. I am 5'8 and used to be a size 12 and I was not overweight! I looked good.
    youngmom2004

Answer by youngmom2004 at 8:23 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• she does not ask how comfortable are you...but i am very comfortable although it did take me a while to get adjusted to not being able to buy all my clothes in the juniors dept anymore
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:28 PM on Dec. 8, 2009