Can you still have periods whilst pregnant?

Well I've been feeling a little funny for a few weeks so my friend told me to take a pg test. I did, since she goaded me into it, even though I haven't had sex for 4 and a half months. Then when it turned out positive I started to think, I've had regular periods...I haven't felt weird...my stomach isn't round at all. I'm going to the docs tomorrow. Anyone else got any experience of this? Or could it just be a false positive?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My mothers friend had periods all through her 5 births and never miscarried. Its possiable.
    youngmom2004

Answer by youngmom2004 at 8:17 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• It can be a false positive.
    But it is possible to have periods while pregnant.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 8:17 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Both false positives and bleeding during pregnancy aren't that common so it's a crapshoot - could be either one. The doc will be able to tell for sure.
    Elizabeth4980

Answer by Elizabeth4980 at 8:29 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• False positives are super rare unless you're on some sort of fertility drug. You cannot have a "period" when pregnant. It is physically impossible to shed the lining of your uterus when a baby is burrowed in there. You can however have spotting and bleeding that you may mistake for a period.

I'm very glad you're going to the doctor to find out for sure. Good luck.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 8:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• It is possible. A friend of mine got her periods while pregnant. She didn't even know she was pregnant, then one day she got up having real bad cramps. Her mom took her to the ER and the Dr said she was in labor.. So it is possible. Rare, but possible.
    Anonymous

• It is possible to still have a period and be pregnant.
    Anonymous

• You can have vaginal bleeding while pregnant, bit its not your period. It's due to something else. You cannot have an actual period during pregnancy.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 11:27 PM on Dec. 8, 2009