Just curious. How many wives have husbands who order them around?

Like, they want you to get them stuff 'now' and as soon as they say something, you drop whatever your doing to tend to them? My mom has this problem with my stepdad and it drives me crazy sometimes.He's pretty bossy about it too.

CandieGirl09

Asked by CandieGirl09 at 8:16 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• Yeah that would never happen here.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 8:47 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I don't have that kind. My mother does but that was her stupid decision, she had chances to get out of it and she doesn't.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 8:18 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I would laugh my butt off if my spouse spoke to me that way.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:18 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I don't. It wouldn't do him any good to even try to order me around.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 8:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• in my experience that type of control is abuse. I was fortunate enough to get away from it. My second husband is a dream come true. Not trying to offend anyone, but here on bashingothermoms.com, i probably will, i have heard and found that its more common in the south for men to be this way, but in all fairness its everywhere. In Europe its worse in some country's, its ok to beat your wife's ass. So be thankful mr.bossy pants, lives in the US, and your mother has a choice.

Anonymous

• Hahahahaa... 'bashingothermoms.com'... right?!?!? Its crazy on here!
    Anyways, you make me think of a funny story! When I was in labor with my second child I had the COOLEST nurse! We were chatting while my contractions were getting worse but not real bad yet... but my husband was super freaked out that I was in labor period. So, I had said something and she laughed and says 'So I guess you wear the pants around the house' And I said 'Not only do I wear the pants but if he gets too smart I throw his ass in a skirt!' HE DIDN'T EVEN BLINK!!! Holy stressing... and I was the one in LABOR! :) We almost died, the nurse and I. He is so silly!
    But seriously, he wouldn't dream of anything of the sort. In fact, I have learned to be a bit more tame and respectful myself... one of the many blessings I have in my husband. In all the years we have been together he has only raised his voice to me twice. It is so rare, I do drop everything!
    movin_mommy

Answer by movin_mommy at 3:08 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• one can only be treated in the manner in which they allow someone to treat them. your mom has taught her husband this and allowed him to persist. likely, she is teaching him to become worse over the years. she is creating her own monster. ya know, people only do what works for them. they don't do things over and over again that don't work for them. if your mom truly did not want this to persist she would have taken care of it early. how many times does one stick their finger in hot oil? once. and they don't do it again, because they know that just doesn't fit into what they really want. So....your mom i surmise has a reason why she allows this, a need is being fulfilled, or she wouldn't do it.
    Does your mom have a need to be needed? Lots of women fall into this rut, especially when the kids grow up and move out.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:11 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• "i have heard and found that its more common in the south for men to be this way"

That's funny, because my ex who was from the North treated me like this and thought it was okay. My dh who is from the South, treats me like a princess.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Dec. 9, 2009