breast milk

what r things or ways u used /did to dry up your breastmilk other then binding . thanks

mommyto2txboys

Asked by mommyto2txboys at 8:17 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Health

• There are no more pills. They have the unfortunate side effect of death.

Binding is NOT the wayt to go uinless oyu like painb.

Cabbage leaves in your bra. And head to the health food store for sage tea or no more milk tea.

OR...start taking birth control with estrogen. That will dry you in a trice.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:00 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Natural, babyled weaning will be the most comfortable.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:18 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• They can give you a pill. I am doing it naturally. My daughter is almost two and I still produce milk and have no period.
    youngmom2004

Answer by youngmom2004 at 8:18 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I've hear cabage over your breats helps I think, but why would you want to make it go away? If it's still there it's there for a reason! Like your child should still be nursing.
    Anonymous

• Unless you just lost a child, then I'm sorry.
    Anonymous

• As little stimulation as possible - in the shower don't let the water run over them, don't let them be touched/fondled, just leave them be. I weaned down, cutting out a feeding a day. My SIL, who lost a baby at 17 weeks gestation, couldn't do anything - just dealt with it, and was pretty much past it in a week.
    Anonymous

• They don't give the pill for drying up milk anymore. It caused strokes and should be off market now. It takes a while for milk to dry up. You just have to wait it out, or breastfeed.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 1:31 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Cold compresses will help with the engorgement pain and with helping to dry up your milk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Dec. 9, 2009