I would like a career change. Where do I start?

For the past 10 years, I have worked with children from birth-18 years old in various positions. During this time, I went to school to become an elementary school teacher. I was almost finished when I had some family obligations that needed to be taken care of. I am ready to go back to school, but I don't really want to go back into elementary education. I would like to work with middle school and high school students. I think I am going to finish my Bachelor's in History (it will take the least amount of time other than elementary education) and then from there I will get my Master's, but I am not sure what to get it in. I also enjoy working with people, but I love to do projects by myself as well. I would like to make about $30,000 starting out. Can y'all give me some career ideas or show me a website that might lead me to some compatiable careers? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• Go to your local library, and check out a book called What Color is Your Parachute (might be My Parachute; it's been a while).

Good luck finding your path...

Answer by rkoloms at 8:33 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Does any one field really catch your interest? languages? sociology? psychology? art? cooking? nursing? When you are getting your degree, try to take some courses to explore possibilities.

Answer by Bmat at 8:44 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• How about a career helping others save money on their health care benefits and/or work from home? I thought about going back to school to finish my college degree but couldn't decide which field I wanted to spend the rest of my life working in, so I decided working at home on my own time is the best for me. You don't have to know a thing about either to start, you own your own business so anything you use FOR your business is a tax write off, and for December, it's only $25 to join, $50 after that. It's a great opportunity, and even if you don't want to make it your CAREER, you can still work it on the side and make a great income! If you're interested feel free to message me!
    atowers

Answer by atowers at 1:29 PM on Dec. 9, 2009