Mythology on Freya

Hello ladies. I'm looking for individual myths on Freya. It may help me in a novel I'm writing. I'm thinking of basing one of my characters on her. So any info (other than general) is great.

SalemWitchChild

Asked by SalemWitchChild at 8:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freyja
    www.missgien.net/vikings/myth.html
    www.gods-heros-myth.com/godpages/freya.html
    these are just a few websites I found when Igoogled "Freya mythology" im sure you can find all of the info you need. HOpe this helps good luck with your novel!
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 8:46 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• The Lay of Hyndla is mainly about her. Since she's present in Lokasenna there's a section on her, though technically that's a Lay about Loki. Her hall is Sessrumnir, and you can read about that in several of the Eddas, It's in Folkvangr, where she takes half of the battle fallen (Odin takes the other half to Valhalla).

There's not a lot directly about her in any of the Sagas, but she shows up just about everywhere as a factor in bigger stories. Thor's saga starts with her, but the majority is about him. Still, you should be able to find some compilation books that put all the separate verses about her in one place.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:17 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 4:06 PM on Dec. 9, 2009