MAURY:FAT KIDS asked b4

I think this is ridiculous these two and four year olds weigh between 104-142 pounds its disgusting why would you let your children get this way? Not only is it unhealthy these children are going to have a life of heart ache if they are already over weight! honestly what can a 19 month old do weighing 104 pounds?

Thoughts? I THINK its disgusting on the parents part!

mommy16love

Asked by mommy16love at 9:09 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Kids' Health

• why are you asking this again?
    Anonymous

• Because I can do whatever I want,simple. why are you answering a question (well you didn't even answer)..why are you worried about my question if it doesn't interest you?
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 9:18 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I DO believe there are kids with thyroid problems BUT the other day I saw a women who was EXTREMELY overweight feeding her daughter who was also overweight a cinnabon... REALLY cinnabon r u kidding me??? ANd sipping out of a soft drink cup heavens knows what was in there but even if it was lemonade cmon now
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 9:21 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• wow I didnt see that but I agree it is a disgrace! I try to feed my daughter as healthy as I can. She is 19 months and has never had juice or candy once. I'll admit I myself dont always eat the healthiest but I will feed my daughter healthy. Once she is an adult hopefully she will follow through w it. Usually when kids are overweight so are the parents. Sad but true.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 9:32 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Why isn't this abuse?? I think this should be considered child abuse and they should intervene on the childs behalf!! If the parents cannot stick to a healthy diet and exercise then the child should be taken away
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 10:09 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• A healthy diet is something that has to be taught. It's not always a case of "child abuse". I saw that show last week too, and the one thing I noticed is that the moms also had weight issues. It's obvious that the moms were terribly concerned about their children's weight problems-otherwise they wouldn't have gone on the show to get help.

Instead of being judgemental and crying "child abuse", we need to show a bit of compassion. None of us are perfect parents.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 12:02 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I don't think it should be called abuse and have the kids taken away because what about if your kids are too skinny and they want to take them away for abuse. My children are probably concidered underwight, but I feed them a lot. they just burn up fat quickly. So the law shouldnt step in, but I must agree that it is sad that some children are over weight. Sometimes it is the parents fault and some times it just crappy genes.
    motherwanting6

Answer by motherwanting6 at 9:05 AM on Dec. 10, 2009