Am I wrong... what would you do?

My boss wants me to give him my password to my login at work but company policy strictly prohibits it... he says I am trust issues and that I should trust him and my co-workers with it. They all use eachothers logins for good reasons I guess but I don't care... I don't have trust issues, I just don't want people in my shit plus it's against the rules.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• SAY YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH THAT! HE MAY BE TESTING YOU. I WOULDNT DO IT.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 9:15 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I would not give it to him! you Obey them rules. Your boss is in the wrong!

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 9:15 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Dont do it if it's againt the rules. If he's your boss he should't be asking for your password if it's against the rules in the first place. Just politly tell him your reason for not wanting to and leave it at that. And him saying you have trust issues seems a little unprofessional to me...
    maranda1389

Answer by maranda1389 at 9:15 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Nope, you dont have to give it to him. Since hes your boss, he can probably do a lot more on his account than he can on yours, so I dont understand why he would need it. Your account has a password for a reason. Just be firm and say "No. Its not that I dont trust you, its because its MY account and you have your own."
    Anonymous

• If he persists, complain to HR.
    Anonymous

• Yeah that sounds strange...if there's anyway that what they can do under your password without your knowledge could end up getting you fired; there is no way I would do it.

It sounds to me like this isn't the first time you've been asked about this - if that is the case; I would quietly go to your bosses boss and explain; look I signed the company handbook stating that I'd read it which I actually did and in it, it states that your password is to be kept strictly confidential; however Mr/Mrs. So-So is asking me for it for themselves and other co-workers to use. I want to follow company policy but I don't want to cause an issue either; can you please direct me?

Good Luck.
    Anonymous

• If it is against office policy, why is he even asking you for it? Stick to your guns sister. Don't let him browbeat you with you have trust issues crap. He has personal space issues!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Doesn't he have his own password? He doesn't need yours. Don't give it to him. Or anyone else. If they do something while logged in as you you couldn't prove you didn't do it.
    AuntieM

Answer by AuntieM at 12:30 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• DO NOT DO IT. YOU HAVE PASSWORDS FOR A REASON.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Dec. 9, 2009